Questions 21 - 40
21. What is the name of Egil Ellis' main leader?
22. What year was the first Junior Iditarod
23. Who coined the phrase "You've got
to feed 'em good and treat 'em right."
24. Who was the first woman to finish in the
top five in the Iditarod?
25. What year did the Royal Canadian Mounted Police end
sled dog patrols?
26. Name the person who pioneered a trail across the
Alaska Range while carrying the frozen body of a Fairbanks judge.
27. What is the largest number of mushers to finish the
Iditarod in one year?
28. Who was the first lead dog credited with winning two
Iditarods? [submitted by Eric Rogers, Eagle River, Alaska]
29. Who is the only musher to win the "Triple Crown
of Mushing": the Iditarod, the Yukon Quest and the Alpirod? [submitted by Barb
Redington, Knik, Alaska.]
30. Name the musher who is the only person to win 5
consecutive ISDRA Open Class Gold Medals. [submitted by Janelle Merritt, Prince
George, British Columbia]
31. What was the first year that the southern route of
the Iditarod was run? [submitted by Eric Rogers, Eagle River, Alaska]
32. Who was the first European to win the Alpirod? [submitted
by Eric Kincaid, Chardon, Ohio]
33. Who was the original Huslia Hustler?
[submitted by John Schultheis, Knik, Alaska]
34. Who was the Iditarod racer who attempted to run the
Iditarod with a dogsled that had cages for extra dogs and a stove for cooking dog food
while on the move? [submitted by Ben Gray]
35. Who was the last rookie to win Iditarod? [submitted
by Eric Rogers, Eagle River, Alaska]
36. What year did the weekly mail service to Iditarod and Nome
begin by dog sled? [submitted by Erin McLarnon]
37. What was the name of Joe Redington's first Alaskan
Husky sled dog? [submitted by Mallorie Denney, Oregon]
38. On December 14, 1911, 11 mushers and four dog teams left
Iditarod for Seward hauling one ton of gold. How long did it take them to get to Seward? [submitted
by Erin McLarnon]
39. Who is the only three time Junior Iditarod
Winner? [submitted by Amanda Crissinger, Wasilla, Alaska]
40. Who was the first musher from outside of North
America to win the Open North American Championship? [submitted by Amanda Crissinger,
Congratulations to all the winners!
Copyright © 1997-2020, Sled
Dog Central, all rights reserved.
Sled Dog Central is a subsidiary of Vega Discoveries, LLC
No portion of this site may be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.
All materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Sled Dog Central.